The dataset has been developed for the reporting of resection and biopsy specimens of invasive carcinomas of the oral cavity, including lip and tongue. Mucosal melanoma, lymphomas and sarcomas are not included. In addition, neck dissections and nodal excisions are dealt with in a separate dataset, and this dataset should be used in conjunction, where applicable.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the North American Society of Head and Neck Pathology (NASHNP), American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology (AAOMP), International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists (IAOP) and British Society for Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology (BSOMP).
Minor update to the 1st edition - Version 1.1 September 2018
1st edition - September 2018
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Müller S, Boy S, Day TA, Magliocca K, Richardson MS, Sloan P, Tilakaratne WM, Zain RB, Thompson LDR (2018). Carcinomas of the Oral Cavity, Histopathology Reporting Guide, 1st edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-19-4.
Read more on the Carcinomas of the oral cavity dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data set for the reporting of oral cavity carcinomas: Explanations and recommendations of the guidelines from the International Collaboration of Cancer Reporting. Müller S, Boy SC, Day TA, Magliocca KR, Richardson MS, Sloan P, Tilakaratne WM, Zain RB, Thompson LDR. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Apr;143(4):439-446. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2018-0411-SA. Epub 2018 Nov 30.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Carcinomas of the oral cavity was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Susan Müller, USA
- Series Champion - Lester Thompson, USA
- ICCR representative - John R Srigley, Canada
- ICCR representative - David Ellis, Australia
- Sonja Boy, South Africa
- Terrance Day, USA
- Kelly Magliocca, USA
- Mary Richardson, USA
- Philip Sloan, UK
- WM Tilakaratne, Sri Lanka
- Rosnah B Zain, USA