The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of resection specimens of primary borderline and malignant epithelial tumours of the ovary, fallopian tubes and peritoneum. It does not include non-epithelial ovarian neoplasms such as germ cell or sex cord stromal tumours or other primary peritoneal neoplasms such as mesothelioma. In those rare cases where more than one primary tumour of different morphological types is present, separate datasets should be completed for each neoplasm. These should include all the elements in this dataset, except for lymph node status which does not need to be documented separately for each tumour.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the International Society of Gynecological Pathologists (ISGyP).
2nd edition - September 2021. The 2nd edition of this dataset includes changes to align the dataset with the World Health Organization (WHO) Classification of Tumours, Female Genital Tumours, 5th edition, 2020. The ICCR dataset includes 5th edition Corrigenda, June 2021.
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Gilks CB, Davidson B, Köbel M, Ledermann JA, Lim D, Malpica A, Mikami Y, Singh N, Srinivasan R, Vang R, Lax SF, McCluggage WG (2021). Ovary, Fallopian Tube and Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-25-2.
1st edition - February 2015
- Read more on the Ovary, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal carcinoma dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data set for reporting of ovary, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal carcinoma: recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). McCluggage WG, Judge MJ, Clarke BA, Davidson B, Gilks CB, Hollema H, Ledermann J, Matias-Guiu X, Mikami Y, Stewart CJR, Vang R and Hirschowitz L. Mod Pathol. 2015 Aug;28(8):1101-22. doi: 10.1038/modpathol.2015.77. Epub 2015 Jun 19.
The 2nd edition of the dataset for Ovary, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal carcinoma was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Blake Gilks, Canada
- ICCR Series Champion - W Glenn McCluggage, UK
- ICCR representative - Sigurd Lax, Austria
- Ben Davidson, Norway
- Martin Köbel, Canada
- Jonathan Ledermann, UK
- Diana Lim, Singapore
- Anais Malpica, USA
- Yoshiki Mikami, Japan
- Naveena Singh, UK
- Radhika Srinivasan, India
- Russell Vang, USA
Authors of previous edition of this dataset are available here.
Domain experts: Back to datasets for Female Reproductive Organs page.