The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of endoscopic resection (ER) specimens of the stomach. Surgically resected specimens are covered in a separate dataset.
Carcinomas involving the oesophagogastric junction (OGJ) with their epicentre >20 mm into the proximal stomach and cardia cancers that do not involve the OGJ are included. These criteria are set by the World Health Organization and define the diagnosis ‘gastric cancer’. A dataset for oesophageal carcinomas is available for tumours not meeting these criteria.
Neuroendocrine carcinomas (NECs) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNENs) (with the exception of mixed adenoma and well differentiated neuroendocrine tumours (NETs)) are included in this dataset.
Well differentiated NETs, non-epithelial malignancies, and secondary tumours are excluded from this dataset.
- November 2020
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Shi C, Bourke M, Hong S, Kumarasinghe P, Lam A, Lauwers G, O'Donovan M, Ushiku T, van der Post C, Vieth M, Nagtegaal ID (2020). Endoscopic Resection of the Stomach Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-05-4.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Endoscopic resection of the stomach was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Chanjuan Shi, USA
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Michael Bourke, Australia
- Seung-mo Hong, Korea
- Priyanthi Kumarasinghe, Australia
- Alfred Lam, Australia
- Gregory Lauwers, USA
- Maria O'Donovan, UK
- Tetsuo Ushiku, Japan
- Chella van der Post, The Netherlands
- Michael Vieth, Germany
Back to datasets for Digestive Tract