The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of endoscopic resection (ER) specimens of the stomach. Surgically resected specimens are covered in a separate ICCR dataset.
Carcinomas involving the oesophagogastric junction (OGJ) with their epicentre >20 mm into the proximal stomach and cardia cancers that do not involve the OGJ are included. These criteria are set by the Union for International Cancer Control/American Joint Committee on Cancer 8th edition TNM classifications and have been adopted by the World Health Organization and define the diagnosis ‘gastric cancer’. An ICCR dataset for carcinoma of the oesophagus is available for tumours not meeting these criteria.
Neuroendocrine carcinomas (NECs) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNENs) (with the exception of mixed adenoma and neuroendocrine tumours (NETs)) are included in this dataset.
NETs, non-epithelial malignancies, and secondary tumours are excluded from this dataset.
- December 2021
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Shi C, Bourke M, Hong S, Kumarasinghe P, Lam A, Lauwers G, O'Donovan M, Ushiku T, van der Post C, Vieth M, Nagtegaal ID (2020). Endoscopic Resection of the Stomach Histopathology Reporting Guide, 2nd edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-29-0.
- November 2020
- Read more on the Carcinoma of the stomach dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Pathology Reporting of Gastric Endoscopic Resections: Recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Shi C, Webster F, Nagtegaal ID; Dataset Authoring Committee for the development of the ICCR Dataset for Pathology Reporting of Gastric Endoscopic Resections. Gastroenterology. 2021 Nov 11:S0016-5085(21)03733-1. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2021.11.010. Epub ahead of print.
All editions of the dataset for Endoscopic resection of the stomach was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Chanjuan Shi, USA
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Michael Bourke, Australia
- Seung-mo Hong, Korea
- Priyanthi Kumarasinghe, Australia
- Alfred Lam, Australia
- Gregory Lauwers, USA
- Maria O'Donovan, UK
- Tetsuo Ushiku, Japan
- Chella van der Post, The Netherlands
- Michael Vieth, Germany
Back to datasets for Digestive Tract