The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of endoscopic resection (ER) of pre-malignant and malignant lesions of the oesophagus and oesophagogastric junction (OGJ). Surgically resected specimens are covered in a separate ICCR dataset.
Neuroendocrine carcinomas (NEC) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNEN) of the oesophagus are included.
Neuroendocrine tumours (NET), non-epithelial malignancies such as melanoma, and secondary tumours are excluded from this dataset.
2nd edition -
December 2021. Minor revisions to commentary.
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Lam A, Bourke M, Fiocca R, Fujii S, Jansen M, Kumarasinghe P, Langer R, Meijer S, Muldoon C, Novelli M, Shi C, Tang L, Vieth M, Nagtegaal ID (2020). Endoscopic Resection of the Oesophagus and Oesophagogastric Junction Histopathology Reporting Guide, 2nd edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-00-9.
- November 2020
- Read more on the Endoscopic resection of the oesophagus and oesophagogastric junction dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Pathology Reporting of Esophagus Endoscopic Resections: Recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Lam AK, Nagtegaal ID, Dataset Authoring Committee for the development of the ICCR Dataset for Endoscopic Resection of the Esophagus and Esophagogastric Junction.Gastroenterology. Feb;162(2):373-378. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2021.09.069. Epub 2021 Oct 14.
All editions of the dataset for Endoscopic resection of the oesophagus and oesophagogastric junction was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Alfred Lam, Australia
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Michael Bourke, Australia
- Roberto Fiocca, Italy
- Satoshi Fujii, Japan
- Marnix Jansen, UK
- Priyanthi Kumarasinghe, Australia
- Rupert Langer, Switzerland
- Sybren Meijer, The Netherlands
- Cian Muldoon, Ireland
- Marco Novelli, UK
- Chanjuan Shi, USA
- Laura Tang, USA
- Michael Vieth, Germany
Back to datasets for Digestive Tract