This dataset has been developed for the reporting of surgically removed ipsilateral lymph nodes (including lymph node dissection, targeted axillary surgery, nodal sampling and sentinel node biopsy specimens) for breast tumours. It is not intended for use in reporting core biopsy or fine needle aspiration of lymph nodes. The assessment of ipsilateral lymph nodes is part of nodal staging of breast cancer, whereas the rare contralateral lymph node involvement is currently interpreted as distant metastasis and is not part of the dataset.
The reporting of invasive breast cancer and in situ disease (ductal carcinoma in situ, pleomorphic and florid lobular carcinoma in situ, encapsulated papillary carcinoma and solid papillary carcinoma in situ) are dealt with in separate ICCR datasets which may be used, as appropriate, in conjunction with this dataset.
This dataset was developed with the kind support from the International Society of Breast Pathology (ISBP) and Singapore General Hospital (SGH) - Breast Pathology Course.
Minor update to the 1st edition - Version 1.1 May 2021
- May 2021
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Cserni G, Brogi E, Cody HS III, Deb R, Farshid G, O’Toole S, Provenzano E, Quinn CM, Sahin A, Schmitt F, Weaver D, Yamaguchi R, Tan PH (2021). Surgically Removed Lymph Nodes for Breast Tumours Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-11-5.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Surgically removed lymph nodes for breast tumours was developed by the following international team:
- Co-chair - Gabor Cserni, Hungary
- Co-chair - Edi Brogi, USA
- Series Champion - Puay Hoon Tan, Singapore
- ICCR representative - David Ellis, Australia
- Hiram S Cody III, USA
- Rahul Deb, UK
- Gelareh Farshid, Australia
- Sandra O’Toole, Australia
- Elena Provenzano, UK
- Cecily Quinn, Ireland
- Aysegul Sahin, USA
- Fernando Schmitt, Portugal
- Donald Weaver, USA
- Rin Yamaguchi, Japan
Back to datasets for Breast