The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of resection specimens for primary uterine gestational trophoblastic neoplasia which includes invasive hydatidiform mole of either complete or partial type, gestational choriocarcinoma, placental site trophoblastic tumour and epithelioid trophoblastic tumour. The dataset should be used primarily for hysterectomy specimens. This dataset may also be used for rare myomectomy specimens but not all elements will be applicable. The dataset is not intended to be used for extrauterine primary lesions.
Non-gestational trophoblastic tumours (germ cell or somatic origin) and metastatic tumours are excluded from this dataset.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the International Society of Gynecological Pathologists (ISGyP).
- August 2021
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Hui P, Baergen RN, Buza N, Cheung ANY, Kaur B, Ronnett BM, Shih IM, Seckl MJ, Lax SF, McCluggage WG (2021). Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-20-7.
- Read more on the Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Dataset for the Reporting of Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia: Recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). Hui P, Webster F, Baergen RN, Buza N, Cheung ANY, Kaur B, Ronnett BM, Shih IM, Seckl MJ, Lax SF, McCluggage WG. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2022. Accepted for publication.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Pei Hui, USA
- ICCR Series Champion - W Glenn McCluggage, UK
- ICCR representative - Sigurd Lax, Austria
- Rebecca Baergen, USA
- Natalia Buza, USA
- Annie Nga-Yin Cheung, Hong Kong SAR China
- Baljeet Kaur, UK
- Brigitte Ronnett, USA
- Micheal Seckl, UK
- Le-Ming Shih, USA
Back to datasets for Female Reproductive Organs