The dataset has been developed for the reporting of cystectomy, cystoprostatectomy or diverticulectomy specimens from patients with carcinoma of the bladder. The protocol applies to primary carcinomas (non-invasive and invasive), with or without associated epithelial lesions. Urothelial tumours diagnosed as papilloma or papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential are not carcinomas and this dataset does not apply to those diagnoses. Biopsy and transurethral resection specimens are dealt with in a separate dataset.
- May 2018
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Grignon D, Brimo F, Comperat E, Delahunt B, Koch M, Lopez-Beltran A, Reuter V, Samaratunga H, Shanks J, Tsuzuki T, van der Kwast T, Varma M, Srigley JR (2018). Carcinoma of the Bladder, Histopathology Reporting Guide, 1st edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-13-2.
- Read more on the Carcinoma of the bladder dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Dataset for the reporting of carcinoma of the bladder - cystectomy, cystoprostatectomy and diverticulectomy specimens: recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). Compérat E, Srigley JR, Brimo F, Delahunt B, Koch M, Lopez-Beltran A, Reuter V, Samaratunga H, Shanks JH, Tsuzuki T, van der Kwast T, Varma M, Webster F, Grignon D. Virchows Arch. 2020 Apr;476(4):521-534. doi: 10.1007/s00428-019-02727-1. Epub 2020 Jan 8.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Carcinoma of the bladder - cystectomy, cystoprostatectomy and diverticulectomy specimen was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - David Grignon, USA
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - John R Srigley, Canada
- Fadi Brimo, Canada
- Eva Comperat, France
- Brett Delahunt, New Zealand
- Michael Koch, USA
- Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Portugal
- Victor Reuter, USA
- Hemamali Samaratunga, Australia
- Jonathan Shanks, UK
- Toyonori Tsuzuki, Japan
- Theo van der Kwast, Canada
- Murali Varma, UK