The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of resection specimens of the uterus for sarcomas and mesenchymal tumours with potentially malignant behaviour. The dataset is applicable to tumours of the uterine corpus and the uterine cervix.
Carcinomas, other non-mesenchymal malignancies and metastatic neoplasms are excluded from this dataset. Carcinosarcoma is also excluded as it is considered to represent a malignant epithelial tumour with divergent mesenchymal differentiation based on clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical and molecular analysis; as such, this entity is included in the ICCR Endometrial Cancer dataset.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the International Society of Gynecological Pathologists (ISGyP).
- August 2021
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Nucci MR, Croce S, George S, Howitt BE, Ip PPC, Lee CH, Rabban JT, Soslow R, van der Griend R, Lax SF, McCluggage WG (2021). Uterine Malignant and Potentially Malignant Mesenchymal Tumours Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-23-8.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Uterine malignant and potentially malignant mesenchymal tumours was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Marisa Nucci, USA
- ICCR Series Champion - W Glenn McCluggage, UK
- ICCR representative - Sigurd Lax, Austria
- Sabrina Croce, France
- Suzanne George, USA
- Brooke Howitt, USA
- Philip Ip, Hong Kong SAR China
- Cheng-han Lee, Canada
- Joseph Rabban, USA
- Robert Soslow, USA
- Rachael van der Griend, New Zealand
- Angelo Paolo Dei Tos, Italy (observer)
Back to datasets for Female Reproductive Organs