The dataset has been developed for the pathological reporting of resection specimens of primary carcinomas of the vagina (including carcinosarcomas).
Haematopoietic neoplasms, mesenchymal neoplasms, mixed epithelial and mesenchymal neoplasms, malignant melanomas, other non-epithelial malignancies and metastatic tumours are excluded from this dataset.
Due to the rarity of primary vaginal carcinomas, there is little published research regarding some of the elements included in this dataset and some of the parameters included are ‘extrapolated’ from primary cervical and vulval carcinomas and/or represent the opinions and experience of the members of the ICCR Carcinoma of the Vagina Dataset Authoring Committee.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the International Society of Gynecological Pathologists (ISGyP).
- August 2021
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: McCluggage WG, Bosse T, Focchi G, Gilks CB, Hoang L, Howitt BE, Ordi J, Singh N, Wong R, McAlpine J, Lax SF (2021). Carcinoma of the Vagina Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-21-4.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Carcinoma of the vagina was developed by the following international team:
- Chair and Series Champion - W Glenn McCluggage, UK
- ICCR representative - Sigurd Lax, Austria
- Tjalling Bosse, The Netherlands
- Gustavo Focchi, Brazil
- Blake Gilks, Canada
- Lien Hoang, Canada
- Brooke Howitt, USA
- Jessica McAlpine, Canada
- Jaume Ordi, Spain
- Naveena Singh, UK
- Richard Wong, Hong Kong SAR China
Back to datasets for Female Reproductive Organs