The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of malignant adrenal cortical resection specimens. Borderline (low-malignant potential lesions) are included, along with paediatric adrenal cortical carcinomas. Neuroblastoma, sarcoma and lymphoma are not covered in the dataset. Core needle biopsies, benign lesions and tumours and metastasis are not included. Tumours of the adrenal medulla (e.g., phaeochromocytoma) are dealt with in a separate dataset.
1st edition -
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Giordano T, Berney D, de Krijger R, Erickson L, Fassnacht M, Mete O, Papathomas T, Papotti M, Sasano H, Thompson L, Volante M, Gill A (2019). Carcinoma of the Adrenal Cortex Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-30-9.
- Read more on the Carcinoma of the adrenal cortex dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data set for reporting of carcinoma of the adrenal cortex: explanations and recommendations of the guidelines from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Giordano TJ, Berney D, de Krijger RR, Erickson L, Fassnacht M, Mete O, Papathomas T, Papotti M, Sasano H, Thompson LDR, Volante M, Gill AJ. Hum Pathol. 2021 Apr;110:50-61. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2020.10.001. Epub 2020 Oct 12.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Carcinoma of the adrenal cortex was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Thomas Giordano, USA
- Series Champion - Anthony Gill, Australia
- ICCR representative - Paul Barrett, UK
- Daniel Berney, UK
- Ronald de Krijger, The Netherlands
- Lori Erickson, USA
- Martin Fassnacht, Germany
- Ozgur Mete, Canada
- Thomas Papathomas, UK
- Mauro Papotti, Italy
- Hiro Sasano, Japan
- Lester Thompson, USA
- Marco Volante, Italy