The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of gastrectomy for gastric carcinomas. A separate ICCR dataset is available for endoscopic resections of the stomach.
Carcinomas involving the oesophagogastric junction (OGJ) with their epicentre >20 mm into the proximal stomach and cardia cancers that do not involve the OGJ are included. These criteria are set by the Union for International Cancer Control/American Joint Committee on Cancer 8th edition Classifications and have been adopted by the World Health Organization to define the diagnosis ‘gastric cancer’. For all other tumours involving the OGJ, refer to the ICCR dataset for carcinomas of the oesophagus.
Neuroendocrine carcinomas (NECs) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNENs) (with the exception of mixed adenoma and neuroendocrine tumours (NETs)) are included in this dataset.
NETs, non-epithelial malignancies and secondary tumours are excluded from this dataset.
- December 2021
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Shi C, Badgwell B, Gibson MK, Grabsch HI, Hong S, Kumarasinghe P, Lam A, Lauwers G, O'Donovan M, Tang L, Ushiku T, van der Post C, Vieth M, Nagtegaal ID (2021). Carcinoma of the Stomach Histopathology Reporting Guide, 2nd edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-28-3.
- November 2020
- Read more on the Carcinoma of the stomach dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Dataset for reporting Carcinoma of the Stomach in Gastrectomy: Recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Shi C, Badgwell BD, Grabsch HI, Gibson MK, Hong SM, Kumarasinghe P, Lam AK, Lauwers G, O’Donovan M, van der Post RS, Tang L, Ushiku T, Vieth M, Selinger CI, Webster F, Nagtegaal ID. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2021 Dec 17. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2021-0225-OA. Epub ahead of print.
All editions of the dataset for Carcinoma of the stomach was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Chanjuan Shi, USA
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Brian Badgwell, USA
- Michael K Gibson, USA
- Heike I Grabsch, The Netherlands/UK
- Seung-mo Hong, Korea
- Priyanthi Kumarasinghe, Australia
- Alfred Lam, Australia
- Gregory Lauwers, USA
- Maria O'Donovan, UK
- Laura Tang, USA
- Tetsuo Ushiku, Japan
- Chella van der Post, The Netherlands
- Michael Vieth, Germany
Back to datasets for Digestive Tract