The majority of ICCR Datasets scheduled to be developed will be in response to updates of the World Health Organization (WHO) Classification of Tumours or applicable staging system. However, additional datasets are scheduled where there are specific needs to be addressed and resources available.
The ICCR has developed two datasets for Skin:
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Invasive melanoma - Second edition update
The ICCR Invasive melanoma - second edition dataset is now published and the publication for Merkel cell carcinoma dataset is expected at the end of November 2019.
The WHO Classification of Tumours ‘Blue book’ revisions for Endocrine neoplasms is now published and the ICCR has therefore developed a series of four datasets in this area:
The public consultation period for the Endocrine datasets is now closed, with publication expected at the end of 2019.
- Carcinomas of the Adrenal Cortex
- Phaeochromocytoma and Paraganglioma
- Carcinomas of the Thyroid
- Parathyroid Carcinomas & Atypical Parathyroid Neoplasms
The ICCR has commenced development of a series of seven datasets for the digestive tract:
Public consultation is expected to be in December 2019 for the first three datasets. Public consultation is expected to be in early 2020 for the four Stomach and Oesophagus datasets.
- Carcinoma of the Exocrine pancreas
- Colorectal cancer
- Colorectal excisional biopsy (polypectomy)
- Carcinoma of the Oesophagus
- Endoscopic resection of the oesophagus and oesophagogastric junction
- Carcinoma of the Stomach
- Endoscopic resection of the stomach
In synchrony with the updates to the WHO Classification of Tumours of the Breast, the ICCR has commenced development of a series of four datasets for breast:
Public consultation is expected to be in early 2020.
- Invasive breast cancer
- Invasive breast cancer for the post neoadjuvant setting
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
- Lymph node dissection/sentinel node biopsy
BONE AND SOFT TISSUE
In synchrony with the updates to the WHO classification of Tumours for Bone and Soft Tissue, the ICCR is in the process of planning the development of three datasets:
Public consultation is expected to be later in 2020.
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours (GIST)
With the release of the 8th edition of TNM staging, impacted ICCR datasets have been updated - Lung, Endometrial, Thymic and Mesothelioma and posted to the website. Invasive cutaneous melanoma still requires an update to TNM8 and this will be undertaken in 2019 as part of the development of the Skin suite of datasets.