The dataset has been developed for the reporting of biopsy and transurethral resection (TUR) specimens of the bladder, urethra, ureter and renal pelvis. If biopsies are from different locations then a separate dataset should be completed for each tumour site. The protocol applies to primary carcinomas (non-invasive and invasive), with or without associated epithelial lesions. Urothelial tumours diagnosed as papilloma or papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential are not carcinomas and this dataset does not apply to those diagnoses. The most distal portion of the penile urethra in the region of the glans penis is not included in this dataset; it is covered in the Carcinoma of the penis and distal urethra dataset. Biopsy of the kidney is dealt with in a separate dataset.
- May 2018
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Grignon D, Brimo F, Comperat E, Delahunt B, Koch M, Lopez-Beltran A, Reuter V, Samaratunga H, Shanks J, Tsuzuki T, van der Kwast T, Varma M, Srigley JR (2018). Urinary Tract Carcinoma, Histopathology Reporting Guide, Biopsy and Transurethral Resection Specimen, 1st edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-14-9.
- Read more on the Urinary tract carcinoma - biopsy and transurethral resection specimen dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Dataset for the reporting of urinary tract carcinoma - biopsy and transurethral resection specimen: recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). Varma M, Srigley JR, Brimo F, Comperat E, Delahunt B, Koch M, Lopez-Beltran A, Reuter V, Samaratunga H, Shanks J, Tsuzuki T, van der Kwast T, Grignon D. Mod Pathol. 2020 Apr;33(4):700-712. doi: 10.1038/s41379-019-0403-9. Epub 2019 Nov 4.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Urinary tract carcinoma - biopsy and transurethral resection specimen was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - David Grignon, USA
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - John R Srigley, Canada
- Fadi Brimo, Canada
- Eva Comperat, France
- Brett Delahunt, New Zealand
- Michael Koch, USA
- Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Portugal
- Victor Reuter, USA
- Hemamali Samaratunga, Australia
- Jonathan Shanks, UK
- Toyonori Tsuzuki, Japan
- Theo van der Kwast, Canada
- Murali Varma, UK