The dataset has been developed for the reporting of resection and biopsy specimens of mucosal malignancies originating in the nasal cavities and paranasal sinuses. Neuroectodermal neoplasms (including melanoma) and sarcomas are not included. Bone, soft tissue and lymphoma protocols are separately listed. Neck dissections and nodal excisions are dealt with in a separate dataset, and this dataset should be used in conjunction, where applicable. For additional independent tumours, complete a separate dataset for each.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the North American Society of Head and Neck Pathology (NASHNP), American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology (AAOMP), International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists (IAOP) and British Society for Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology (BSOMP).
1st edition - September 2018
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Franchi A, Bishop JA, Coleman H, Flucke U, Licitra L, Llorente JL, Stelow E, Toner M, Weinreb I, Thompson LDR (2018). Carcinomas of the Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinuses, Histopathology Reporting Guide, 1st edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-20-0.
- Read more on the Carcinomas of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data set for the reporting of carcinomas of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses: Explanations and recommendations of the guidelines from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Franchi A, Bishop JA, Coleman H, Flucke U, Licitra LF, Pendás JLL, Stelow EB, Toner M, Weinreb I, Wenig BM, Thompson LDR. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Apr;143(4):424-431. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2018-0404-SA. Epub 2018 Nov 30.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Carcinomas of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Alessandro Franchi, Italy
- Series Champion - Lester Thompson, USA
- ICCR representative - John R Srigley, Canada
- ICCR representative - David Ellis, Australia
- Justin Bishop, USA
- Hedley Coleman, Australia
- Uta Flucke, The Netherlands
- Lisa Licitra, Italy
- José L Llorente, Spain
- Edward Stelow, USA
- Mary Toner, UK
- Ilan Weinreb, Canada