The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of adrenalectomy/partial adrenalectomy specimens for phaeochromocytoma, other excisions for paragangliomas and biopsies of related specimens.
Sarcoma, lymphoma and metastasis to the adrenal medulla are not covered in this dataset. Neuroblastoma and ganglioneuroblastoma are also not covered in this dataset. Adrenal cortical tumours are dealt with in a separate dataset.
- December 2019
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Tischler A, Asa S, Clifton-Bligh R, de Krijger R, Kimura N, Komminoth P, Lack E, Lenders J, Lloyd R, Papathomas T, Sadow P, Thompson L, Gill A (2019). Phaeochromocytoma and Paraganglioma Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-28-6.
- Read more on the Phaeochromocytoma and paraganglioma dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data set for the reporting of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma: explanations and recommendations of the guidelines from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Thompson LDR, Gill AJ, Asa SL, Clifton-Bligh RJ, de Krijger RR, Kimura N, Komminoth P, Lack EE, Lenders JWM, Lloyd RV, Papathomas TG, Sadow PM, Tischler AS. Hum Pathol. 2021 Apr;110:83-97. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2020.04.012. Epub 2020 May 11.
The 1st edition of the dataset for
Phaeochromocytoma and paraganglioma was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Arthur Tischler, USA
- Series Champion - Anthony Gill, Australia
- ICCR representative - Paul Barrett, UK
- Sylvia Asa, Canada
- Rory Clifton-Bligh, Australia
- Ronald de Krijger, The Netherlands
- Noriko Kimura, Japan
- Paul Komminoth, Switzerland
- Ernie Lack, USA
- Jacques Lenders, The Netherlands
- Ricardo Lloyd, USA
- Thomas Papathomas, UK
- Peter Sadow, USA
- Lester Thompson, USA
Back to datasets for Endocrine organs