The dataset has been developed for the reporting of surgical resection specimens from patients with primary carcinoma of the colon and rectum, including neuroendocrine carcinomas (NECs) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNENs). It is not applicable to carcinomas of the small intestine, appendix or anus, nor to neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) or non-epithelial malignancies.
Primary colorectal carcinomas treated by local excision are dealt with in a separate dataset.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of Bowel Cancer UK.
- April 2020
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Loughrey MB, Arends M, Brown I, Burgart LJ, Cunningham C, Flejou JF, Kakar S, Kirsch R, Kojima M, Lugli A, Rosty C, Sheahan K, West NP, Wilson R, Nagtegaal ID (2020). Colorectal Cancer Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-01-6.
- Read more on the Colorectal cancer dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Dataset for Pathology Reporting of Colorectal Cancer: Recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). Loughrey MB, Webster F, Arends MJ, Brown I, Burgart LJ, Cunningham C, Flejou JF, Kakar S, Kirsch R, Kojima M, Lugli A, Rosty C, Sheahan K, West NP, Wilson RH, Nagtegaal ID. Ann Surg. 2021 Jul 7. doi: 10.1097/SLA.0000000000005051. Online ahead of print.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Colorectal cancer was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Maurice Loughrey, UK
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Mark Arends, UK
- Ian Brown, Australia
- Lawrence J Burgart, USA
- Chris Cunningham, UK
- Jean-Francois Flejou, France
- Sanjay Kakar, USA
- Richard Kirsch, Canada
- Motohiro Kojima, Japan
- Alessandro Lugli, Switzerland
- Christophe Rosty, Australian
- Kieran Sheahan, Ireland
- Nicholas P West, UK
- Richard Wilson, UK
Back to datasets for Digestive tract