This dataset has been developed for the reporting of resection specimens from patients with invasive carcinoma of the breast, with or without ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). DCIS without invasive carcinoma and microinvasive carcinoma (≤1 mm) are dealt with in a separate ICCR dataset.
Ipsilateral multifocal disease should be dealt with in a single report. For bilateral invasive breast tumours, a separate dataset should be completed for each side.
Surgically removed lymph nodes are dealt with in a separate ICCR dataset which may be used, as appropriate, in conjunction with this dataset. Invasive breast cancer for the post neoadjuvant setting is also dealt with in a separate ICCR dataset.
Phyllodes tumours and needle biopsies are not covered in this dataset.
This dataset was developed with the kind support from the International Society of Breast Pathology (ISBP) and Singapore General Hospital (SGH) - Breast Pathology Course.
Minor update to the 1st edition - Version 1.1 June 2021
- June 2021
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Ellis I, Allison KH, Dang C, Gobbi H, Kulka J, Lakhani SR, Moriya T, Quinn CM, Sapino A, Schnitt S, Sibbering DM, Slodkowska E, Yang W, Tan PH (2021). Invasive Carcinoma of the Breast Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-12-2.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Invasive carcinoma of the breast was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Ian Ellis, UK
- Series Champion - Puay Hoon Tan, Singapore
- ICCR representative - David Ellis, Australia
- Kimberly H Allison, USA
- Chau Dang, USA
- Helenice Gobbi, Brazil
- Janina Kulka, Hungary
- Sunil R Lakhani, Australia
- Takuya Moriya, Japan
- Cecily M Quinn, Ireland
- Anna Sapino, Italy
- Stuart Schnitt, USA
- Mark Sibbering, UK
- Elzbieta Slodkowska, Canada
- Wentao Yang, China
Back to datasets for Breas