The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of primary cervical carcinomas. Specimens reported using this dataset include loop/cone excisions, trachelectomies, simple and radical hysterectomies and exenterations. The dataset applies to epithelial neoplasms only. Small biopsy specimens are excluded from the dataset.
In those rare cases where more than one primary tumour is present, separate datasets should be completed for each neoplasm. These should include all the elements in this dataset, except for lymph node status which does not need to be documented separately for each tumour.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the International Society of Gynecological Pathologists (ISGyP).
- August 2021. The 4th edition of this dataset incorporates the 2018 International Federation of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) staging for cancer of the cervix uteri report, with amendments as per the 2019 Corrigendum ‘Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the cervix uteri. This dataset also includes changes to align the dataset with the World Health Organization (WHO) Classification of Tumours, Female Genital Tumours, 5th edition, 2020. The ICCR dataset includes 5th edition Corrigenda, June 2021.
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Park KJ, Alvarado-Cabrero I, Duggan MA, Kiyokawa T, Mills AM, Ordi J, Otis CN, Plante M, Stolnicu S, Talia KL, Wiredu EK, Lax SF, McCluggage WG (2021). Carcinoma of the Cervix Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-24-5.
- February 2020. The third edition includes the 2018 FIGO with amendments per the Corrigendum to 'Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the cervix uteri' [Int J Gynecol Obstet 145(2019) 129-135].(2019) Int J Gynaecol Obstet 147(2):279-280.
2nd edition - July 2019. The second edition of this dataset included changes to align the dataset with the 2018 revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the cervix uteri. Other minor updates were also included.
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: McCluggage WG, Alvarado-Cabrero I, Duggan MA, Horn LC, Hui P, Ordi J, Otis CN, Park KJ, Plante M, Wiredu EK, Rous B (2020). Cervical Carcinoma Histopathology Reporting Guide 3rd edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-00-9.
- March 2017. This dataset was developed with the kind support of the ISGyP.
- Read more on the Carcinoma of the cervix dataset (1st edition) from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data set for the Reporting of Carcinomas of the Cervix: Recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). McCluggage WG, Judge MJ, Alvarado-Cabrero I, Duggan MA, Horn LC, Hui P, Ordi J, Otis CN, Park KJ, Plante M, Stewart CJR, Wiredu EK, Rous B, Hirschowitz L. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2018 May;37(3):205-228. doi: 10.1097/PGP.0000000000000412.
The 4th edition of the dataset for Carcinoma of the cervix was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Kay Park, USA
- ICCR Series Champion - W Glenn McCluggage, UK
- ICCR representative - Sigurd Lax, Austria
- Isabel Alvarado-Cabrero, Mexico
- Máire Duggan, Canada
- Takako Kiyokawa, Japan
- Edwin Wiredu, Ghana
- Anne Mills, USA
- Jaume Ordi, Spain
- Christopher Otis, USA
- Marie Plante, Canada
- Simona Stolnicu, Romania
- Karen Talia, Australia
Authors of previous editions of this dataset are available here
Back to datasets for Female Reproductive Organs