The dataset has been developed for the reporting of resection specimens from patients with primary carcinoma of the ureter and renal pelvis. The protocol applies to carcinomas (non-invasive and invasive), with or without associated epithelial lesions. Urothelial tumours diagnosed as papilloma or papillary urothelial neoplasm of low malignant potential are not carcinomas and this dataset does not apply to those diagnoses. Biopsy and transurethral resection specimens are dealt with in a separate dataset. For bilateral tumours, complete a separate dataset for each.
- May 2018
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Grignon D, Brimo F, Comperat E, Delahunt B, Koch M, Lopez-Beltran A, Reuter V, Samaratunga H, Shanks J, Tsuzuki T, van der Kwast T, Varma M, Srigley JR (2018). Carcinoma of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter, Histopathology Reporting Guide, Nephroureterectomy and Ureterectomy Specimen, 1st edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-16-3.
- Read more on the Carcinoma of the renal pelvis and ureter - nephroureterectomy and ureterectomy specimens dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data Set for the Reporting of Carcinoma of the Renal Pelvis and Ureter-Nephroureterectomy and Ureterectomy Specimens: Recommendations From the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). Samaratunga H, Judge M, Delahunt B, Srigley J, Brimo F, Comperat E, Koch M, Lopez-Beltran A, Reuter V, Shanks J, Tsuzuki T, van der Kwast T, Varma M, Grignon D. Am J Surg Pathol. 2019 Oct;43(10):e1-e12. doi: 10.1097/PAS.0000000000001305.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Carcinoma of the renal pelvis and ureter - nephroureterectomy and ureterectomy specimen was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - David Grignon, USA
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - John R Srigley, Canada
- Fadi Brimo, Canada
- Eva Comperat, France
- Brett Delahunt, New Zealand
- Michael Koch, USA
- Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Portugal
- Victor Reuter, USA
- Hemamali Samaratunga, Australia
- Jonathan Shanks, UK
- Toyonori Tsuzuki, Japan
- Theo van der Kwast, Canada
- Murali Varma, UK