This dataset has been developed for core or wedge biopsy specimens for neoplasms of renal tubular origin. Non-epithelial tumours should be reported according to established guidelines.(World Health Organization (WHO) Classification of tumours. Pathology and genetics of the urinary system and male genital organs. Humphrey PA, Moch H, Reuter VE, Ulbright TM, editors. Lyon, France: IARC Press. 2016).
Excision specimens are not included – a separate dataset is available and should be used for these cases.
- July 2017
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Delahunt B, Srigley JR, Amin MB, Billis A, Camparo P, Evans AJ, Fleming S, Griffiths D, Lopez-Beltran A, Martignoni G, Moch H, Nacey JN, Zhou M (2017). Renal Biopsy for Tumour, Histopathology Reporting Guide, 1st edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-01-9
- Read more on the Carcinoma of renal tubular origin dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Dataset for the reporting of renal biopsy for tumour: recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). Delahunt B, Srigley JR, Judge M, Amin M, Billis A, Camparo P, Fleming S, Griffiths D, Lopez-Beltran A, Martignoni G, Moch H, Nacey JN, Zhou M, Evans AJ. J Clin Pathol. 2019 Sep;72(9):573-578. doi: 10.1136/jclinpath-2019-205959. Epub 2019 Jul 12.
The Renal Biopsy for Tumour datset was developed by the following international team:
- Co-chair - Brett Delahunt, New Zealand
- Co-chair - John R Srigley, Canada
- ICCR representative & Series Champion - John R Srigley
- Mahul Amin, USA
- Athanase Billis, Brazil
- Philippe Camparo, France
- Andrew Evans, Canada
- Stewart Fleming, UK
- David Griffiths, UK
- Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Spain
- Guido Martignoni, Italy
- Holger Moch, Switzerland
- John Nacey, NZ
- Ming Zhou, USA