The dataset has been developed for the examination of prostate core needle biopsies. The elements and associated commentary apply to invasive carcinomas of the prostate gland. Urothelial carcinomas arising in the bladder or urethra are dealt with in a separate dataset, while urothelial carcinomas arising in the prostate are included in this dataset.
- August 2017
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Egevad L, Kench JG, Delahunt B, Humphrey PA, Kristiansen G, Oxley JD, Rasiah KK, Takahashi H, Trpkov K, Varma M, Wheeler TM, Zhou M, Srigley JR (2017). Prostate Core Needle Biopsy Histopathology Reporting Guide 1st edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-10-1.
- Read more on the Prostate core needle biopsy dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Dataset for the reporting of prostate carcinoma in core needle biopsy and transurethral resection and enucleation specimens: Recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR). Egevad L, Judge M, Delahunt B, Humphrey PA, Kristiansen G, Oxley J, Rasiah K, Takahashi H, Trpkov K, Varma M, Wheeler TM, Zhou M, Srigley JR, Kench JG. Pathology. 2019 Jan;51(1):11-20. doi: 10.1016/j.pathol.2018.10.003. Epub 2018 Nov 23.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Prostate core needle biopsy was developed by the following international team:
- Co-chair - Lars Egevad, Sweden
- Co-chair - James Kench, Australia
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - John R Srigley, Canada
- Brett Delahunt, New Zealand
- Peter Humphrey, USA
- Glen Kristiansen, Germany
- Jon Oxley, UK
- Krishan Rasiah, Australia
- Hiroyuki Takahashi, Japan
- Kiril Trpkov, Canada
- Murali Varma, UK
- Thomas Wheeler, USA
- Ming Zhou, USA