This dataset has been developed for resection specimens of lung cancer. It is not applicable for bronchoscopic and transthoracic biopsy specimens. Synchronous primary tumours should be reported separately.
1st edition - Nov 2013. Developed as part of the initial pilot project in 2011-2012.
- Read more on the Lung cancer dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data Set for Reporting of Lung Carcinomas: Recommendations From International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Jones KD, Churg A, Henderson DW, Hwang DM, Ma Wyatt J, Nicholson AG, Rice AJ, Washington MK and Butnor KJ (2013). Arch Pathol Lab Med. 137:1054-1062.
- May 2016. The dataset was updated following the publication of the WHO Classification of Tumours of the Lung, Pleura, Thymus and Heart, 4th Edition, Volume 7 in 2015. Other minor updates were also included.
- August 2017. Updated following the publication of the 8th edition of TNM staging. Other minor updates were also included.
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Butnor KJ, Jones KD; Churg A, Henderson DW, Hwang DM, Ma Wyatt J, Nicholson AG, Rice AJ, Washington MK. (2017) Lung Cancer Histopathology Reporting Guide 3rd edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-04-0
The Lung cancer dataset was developed by the following international team:
- Co-chair - Kelly Butnor, USA
- Co-chair - Kirk Jones, USA
- ICCR representative - Kay Washington, USA
- Jenny Ma Wyatt, Australia
- Douglas Henderson, Australia
- Andrew Nicholson, UK
- Andrew Churg, Canada
- David Hwang, Canada
- Alexandra Rice, UK