The dataset has been developed for biopsy and resection specimens of neoplasms of the heart, pericardium, and great vessels. It includes both benign and malignant primary tumours of the heart, pericardium, and great vessels.
Mesothelioma and haematolymphoid neoplasms (such as primary cardiac lymphoma) are not included in this dataset. For pericardial mesotheliomas refer to the ICCR Mesothelioma in the pleura and peritoneum dataset. Haematolymphoid tumours will be covered in a future ICCR dataset. Metastatic lesions should not be recorded using this dataset.
There is currently no agreed-upon staging system (such as TNM) for cardiac tumours, due to an insufficiency of evidence.
- December 2021. The 2nd edition includes changes to align the dataset with the World Health Organization Classification of Thoracic Tumours, 5th edition, 2021.
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Maleszewski J, Basso C, Burke A, Castonguay M, Leduc C, Sheppard M, Suri R, Tavora F, Cooper W (2021). Neoplasms of the Heart, Pericardium, and Great Vessels Histopathology Reporting Guide, 2nd edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-27-6.
- May 2016
The 2nd edition of the dataset for Neoplasms of the heart, pericardium, and great vessels was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Joseph Maleszewski, USA
- Series Champion - Wendy Cooper, Australia
- Cristina Basso, Italy
- Allen Burke, USA
- Mathieu Castonguay, Canada
- Charles Leduc, Canada
- Mary Sheppard, UK
- Rakesh Suri, USA
- Fabio Tavora, Brazil
Authors of previous edition of this dataset is available here
Back to datasets for Thoracic tumours