The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of biopsy specimens of primary tumour in bone. Ewing sarcoma and related round cell sarcomas with primary bone presentation are also covered by this dataset. A separate dataset is available for reporting of resection specimens of primary tumour in bone. Some types of soft tissue sarcoma may on rare occasion arise primarily in bone and should be reported using the primary tumour in bone dataset, rather than the soft tissue sarcoma dataset.
If biopsies are taken from multiple tumour nodules at different sites, these should be documented separately.
Haematologic malignancies and metastatic specimens are excluded from this dataset.
- April 2021
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Bovée JVMG, Amary F, Baumhoer D, Bloem JL, Bridge JA, Cates JMM, de Alava E, Dei Tos AP, Jones KB, Mahar A, Nielsen GP, Righi A, Wagner AJ, Yoshida A, Fletcher CDM (2021). Primary Tumour in Bone Histopathology Reporting Guide - Biopsy Specimens. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-14-6.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Primary tumour in bone - biopsy specimens was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Judith Bovée, The Netherlands
- Series Champion - Christopher Fletcher, USA
- ICCR representative - Chris Hemming, New Zealand
- Fernanda Amary, UK
- Daniel Baumhoer, Switzerland
- Johan Bloem, The Netherlands
- Julia Bridge, USA
- Justin Cates, USA
- Enrique de Alava, Spain
- Angelo Paolo Dei Tos, Italy
- Kevin Jones, USA
- Annabelle Mahar, Australia
- G Petur Nielsen, USA
- Alberto Righi, Italy
- Andrew Wagner, USA
- Akihiko Yoshida, Japan