The dataset has been developed for the reporting of biopsy and resection specimens for malignant primary odontogenic tumours. Malignant neoplasms arising in the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses, oral cavity, salivary glands, trachea, pharynx and larynx are dealt with in separate datasets. Bone, soft tissue and lymphoma protocols will be separately listed. In addition, neck dissections and nodal excisions are dealt with in a separate dataset, and this dataset should be used in conjunction, where applicable.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the North American Society of Head and Neck Pathology (NASHNP), American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology (AAOMP), International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists (IAOP) and British Society for Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology (BSOMP).
1st edition - September 2018
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Odell E, Baumhoer D, Carlos R, Hunter KD, Mosqueda-Taylor A, Richardson M, Slater L, Slootweg PJ, Speight P, Wright J, Thompson LDR (2018). Malignant Odontogenic Tumours, Histopathology Reporting Guide, 1st edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-23-1.
Read more on the Malignant odontogenic tumours dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Data set for the reporting of malignant odontogenic tumors: Explanations and recommendations of the guidelines from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Slootweg PJ, Odell EW, Baumhoer D, Carlos R, Hunter KD, Taylor AM, Richardson MS, Slater L, Speight PM, Wright J, Thompson LDR. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 May;143(5):587-592. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2018-0417-SA. Epub 2018 Nov 30.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Malignant odontogenic tumours was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Edward Odell, UK
- Series Champion - Lester Thompson, USA
- ICCR representative - John R Srigley, Canada
- ICCR representative - David Ellis, Australia
- Daniel Baumhoer, Switzerland
- Roman Carlos, Guatemala
- Keith Hunter, UK
- Adalberto Mosqueda-Taylor, Mexico
- Mary Richardson, USA
- Lee Slater, USA
- Pieter Slootweg, The Netherlands
- Paul Speight, UK
- John Wright, USA