The dataset has been developed for the reporting of local excision specimens from the colon and rectum, including polypectomies, endoscopic mucosal resections (EMR), endoscopic submucosal dissections (ESD), endoscopic full thickness resections (EFTR), transanal submucosal excisions, transanal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS) and transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEMS) specimens.
Surgical resection specimens from patients with primary carcinoma of the colon and rectum, including neuroendocrine carcinomas (NECs) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNENs), are dealt with in a separate dataset.
The dataset is recommended for the reporting of neuroendocrine neoplasms (neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) and (NECs)) diagnosed from local excision specimens and thus differs from the dataset for the reporting of primary carcinoma of the colon and rectum in surgical resection specimens from which NETs are excluded.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of Bowel Cancer UK.
- April 2020
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Rosty C, Brown I, Cooper H, Dekker E, Driman DK, Gonzalez RS, Hewett DG, Loughrey MB, Makinen M, Pai R, Sheahan K, Nagtegaal I. (2020) Colorectal Excisional Biopsy (Polypectomy) Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-02-3
The 1st edition of the dataset for Colorectal Excisional Biopsy (Polypectomy) was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Christophe Rosty, Australia
- Series Champion & ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Ian Brown, Australia
- Harry Cooper, USA
- Evelien Dekker, The Netherlands
- David K Driman, Canada
- Raul S Gonzalez, USA
- David G Hewett, Australia
- Maurice Loughrey, UK
- Marcus Makinen, Finland
- Rish Pai, USA
- Kieran Sheahan, Ireland
Back to datasets for Digestive tract