The dataset has been developed for the reporting of surgical resection specimens from patients with primary carcinoma of the colon and rectum, including neuroendocrine carcinomas (NECs) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNENs). It is not applicable to carcinomas of the small intestine, appendix or anus, nor to neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) or non-epithelial malignancies.
Primary colorectal carcinomas treated by local excision are dealt with in a separate dataset.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of Bowel Cancer UK.
- April 2020
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Loughrey MB, Arends M, Brown I, Burgart LJ, Cunningham C, Flejou JF, Kakar S, Kirsch R, Kojima M, Lugli A, Rosty C, Sheahan K, West NP, Wilson R, Nagtegaal I. (2020) Colorectal Cancer Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-01-6
The 1st edition of the dataset for Colorectal Cancer was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Maurice Loughrey, UK
- Series Champion & ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Mark Arends, UK
- Ian Brown, Australia
- Lawrence J Burgart, USA
- Chris Cunningham, UK
- Jean-Francois Flejou, France
- Sanjay Kakar, USA
- Richard Kirsch, Canada
- Motohiro Kojima, Japan
- Alessandro Lugli, Switzerland
- Christophe Rosty, Australian
- Kieran Sheahan, Ireland
- Nicholas P West, UK
- Richard Wilson, UK
Back to datasets for Digestive tract