The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of gastrectomy for gastric carcinomas. A separate dataset is available for endoscopic resections of the stomach.
Carcinomas involving the oesophagogastric junction (OGJ) with their epicentre >20 mm into the proximal stomach and cardia cancers that do not involve the OGJ are included. These criteria are set by the World Health Organization and define the diagnosis ‘gastric cancer’. For all other tumours involving the OGJ, please refer to the dataset for oesophageal cancers.
Neuroendocrine carcinomas (NECs) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNENs) (with the exception of mixed adenoma and well differentiated neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) are included in this dataset.
Well differentiated NETs, non-epithelial malignancies and secondary tumours are excluded from this dataset.
- November 2020
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Shi C, Badgwell B, Gibson MK, Grabsch HI, Hong S, Kumarasinghe P, Lam A, Lauwers G, O'Donovan M, Tang L, Ushiku T, van der Post C, Vieth M, Nagtegaal ID. (2020) Carcinoma of the Stomach Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-04-7
The Carcinoma of the stomach dataset was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Chanjuan Shi, USA
- Series Champion & ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Brian Badgwell, USA
- Michael K Gibson, USA
- Heike I Grabsch, The Netherlands/UK
- Seung-mo Hong, Korea
- Priyanthi Kumarasinghe, Australia
- Alfred Lam, Australia
- Gregory Lauwers, USA
- Maria O'Donovan, UK
- Laura Tang, USA
- Tetsuo Ushiku, Japan
- Chella van der Post, The Netherlands
- Michael Vieth, Germany
Back to datasets for Digestive Tract