The dataset has been developed for the pathology reporting of resection specimens of the oesophagus. Carcinomas involving the oesophagogastric junction (OGJ) with tumour epicentre ≤20 mm into the proximal stomach are included. A separate dataset is available for endoscopic resections of the oesophagus.
Neuroendocrine carcinomas (NECs) and mixed neuroendocrine-non-neuroendocrine neoplasms (MiNENs) of the oesophagus are included.
Well differentiated neuroendocrine tumours (NETs), non-epithelial malignancies such as melanoma, and secondary tumours are excluded from this dataset.
- November 2020
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Lam A, Bourke M, Chen R, Fiocca R, Fujii S, Fujishima F, Jansen M, Kumarasinghe P, Langer R, Law S, Meijer S, Muldoon C, Novelli M, Shi C, Tang L, Nagtegaal ID (2020). Carcinoma of the Oesophagus Histopathology Reporting Guide. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-922324-06-1.
- Read more on the carcinomas of the oesophagus dataset from the journal article written by the dataset authors: Dataset for the reporting of carcinoma of the oesophagus in resection specimens: recommendations from the International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting. Lam AK, Bourke MJ, Chen R, Fiocca R, Fujishima F, Fujii S, Jansen M, Kumarasinghe P, Langer R, Law S, Meijer SL, Muldoon C, Novelli M, Shi C, Tang L, Nagtegaal ID. Hum Pathol. 2021 Aug;114:54-65. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2021.05.003. Epub 2021 May 13.
The 1st edition of the dataset for Carcinoma of the oesophagus was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - Alfred Lam, Australia
- Series Champion and ICCR representative - Iris Nagtegaal, The Netherlands
- Michael Bourke, Australia
- Renyin Chen, China
- Roberto Fiocca, Italy
- Satoshi Fujii, Japan
- Fumiyoshi Fujishima, Japan
- Marnix Jansen, UK
- Priyanthi Kumarasinghe, Australia
- Rupert Langer, Switzerland
- Simon Law, Hong Kong SAR China
- Sybren Meijer, The Netherlands
- Cian Muldoon, Ireland
- Marco Novelli, UK
- Chanjuan Shi, USA
- Laura Tang, USA
Back to datasets for Digestive Tract