Tumours of the Central Nervous System (CNS). The dataset is split into three sections:
- Histological assessment of CNS specimens. It is intended that this section should be used in conjunction with the other sections. A full diagnosis of CNS tumours should ideally conform to the 2016 World Health Organization (WHO) Classification of Tumours of the CNS which requires integration of elements from histological and ancillary analyses. However, the majority of 2016 CNS WHO entities can be diagnosed solely on the basis of histological features and in this situation only this section needs to be completed.
- Molecular information for CNS specimens. This section is not needed for those tumours in which molecular information is not captured for diagnostic purposes.
- Final integrated report/diagnosis for CNS specimens. In many situations, 2016 CNS WHO diagnoses integrate histological and molecular information and this section is intended for the capture of that final diagnosis.
This dataset was developed with the kind support of the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.
1st edition -
- To reference this dataset please use the following citation: Louis DN, Brandner S, Brat D, Ellison D, Giangaspero F, Hattab E, Hawkins C, Kleinschmidt-DeMasters B, Komori T, McLean C, Paulus W, Perry A, Reifenberger G, Weller M, Wesseling P, Rous B.(2018) Tumours of the Central Nervous System (CNS) Reporting Guide, 1st Edition. International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting; Sydney, Australia. ISBN: 978-1-925687-26-2
The Tumours of the Central Nervous System (CNS) dataset was developed by the following international team:
- Chair - David N. Louis,,USA
- ICCR representative - Brian Rous, UK
- Sebastian Brandner - UK
- Daniel Brat - USA
- David Ellison - USA
- Felice Giangaspero - Italy
- Eyas Hattab - USA
- Cynthia Hawkins - Canada
- Bette Kleinschmidt-DeMasters - USA
- Takashi Komori - Japan
- Catriona McLean - Australia
- Werner Paulus - Germany
- Arie Perry - USA
- Guido Reifenberger - Germany
- Michael Weller - Switzerland
- Pieter Wesseling - Netherlands